cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Raja Pullela <raja.pull...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: template available on http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/macchinina/x86_64/
Date Fri, 01 Jan 2016 11:12:12 GMT
Hi Nux, 

these templates available are not working... 
I see the following System Templates available for - 
- VMWare is in OVA format
- HyperV is in VZD with BZ2 format
- Xen is in VHD with BZ2 compression
- KVM is in qCow2 with BZ2 compression

If you can give me access to this VM/webserver, I can upload the files.  
Having the correct files will help pass few additional tests on my setups.  
Can you please let me know,

Raja

-----Original Message-----
From: Nux! [mailto:nux@li.nux.ro] 
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 2:19 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: template available on http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/macchinina/x86_64/

BTW, Cloudstack ships systemvm templates for HyperV also in ZIP, that's the reason I also
pack it like that.
AFAIK Windows can't deal with any other compression.

--
Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!

Nux!
www.nux.ro

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Nux!" <nux@li.nux.ro>
> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Sent: Tuesday, 22 December, 2015 08:44:50
> Subject: Re: template available on 
> http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/macchinina/x86_64/

> Hi,
> 
> I do not know what you are running there, but:
> 
> unzip macchinina-hyperv.vhd.zip
> Archive:  macchinina-hyperv.vhd.zip
>  inflating: macchinina-hyperv.vhd
> 
> 
> qemu-img info macchinina-hyperv.vhd
> image: macchinina-hyperv.vhd
> file format: vpc
> virtual size: 50M (52432896 bytes)
> disk size: 50M
> cluster_size: 2097152
> 
> 
> Also, VHD is completely untested, let me know if it boots for you. :)
> 
> --
> Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!
> 
> Nux!
> www.nux.ro
> 
> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Raja Pullela" <raja.pullela@citrix.com>
>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>> Sent: Tuesday, 22 December, 2015 04:45:29
>> Subject: RE: template available on
>> http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/macchinina/x86_64/
> 
>> Hello Nux,
>> 
>> Three test scripts are failing with the error messages as below -  
>> File "/root/cloudstack/test/integration/smoke/test_internal_lb.py", 
>> line 285, in  setUpClass
>>    cls.template.download(cls.apiclient)
>>  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/marvin/lib/base.py", 
>> line 1261, in  download
>>    template.status)
>> 'Error in downloading template: status - Failed post download script: 
>> Unable to install due to invalid file format\n
>> 
>> Hope that helps,
>> Raja
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Nux! [mailto:nux@li.nux.ro]
>> Sent: Monday, December 21, 2015 11:58 PM
>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: template available on
>> http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/macchinina/x86_64/
>> 
>> Hello,
>> 
>> All the templates for HyperV are compressed with zip as this is what 
>> Windows supports.
>> Why do you need bz2?
>> 
>> --
>> Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!
>> 
>> Nux!
>> www.nux.ro
>> 
>> ----- Original Message -----
>>> From: "Raja Pullela" <raja.pullela@citrix.com>
>>> To: "CloudStack Dev (dev@cloudstack.apache.org)" 
>>> <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>
>>> Sent: Monday, 21 December, 2015 16:12:53
>>> Subject: template available on 
>>> http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/macchinina/x86_64/
>> 
>>> Hi Remi,
>>> 
>>> Can you please create a bz2 format template for the hyperv ?
>>> 
>>> http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/macchinina/x86_64/
>>> -currently this has a zip file, macchinina-hyperv.vhd.zip
>>> 
>>> Thanks,
> > > Raja
Mime
View raw message