cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Remi Bergsma <RBerg...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject New release manager wanted
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2016 13:08:45 GMT
Hi all,

After picking up the RM role last summer, I've had an interesting ride with awesome results.
First the release principles [1], then stabilizing master and finally 3 releases in a row:
4.6 in November, 4.7 in December and 4.8 in January (and as a bonus 3 more patch releases
in between). As Seb pointed out, we could start a new vote at any time and release it. Given
that we keep master stable, of course.

Hundreds of Pull Requests got merged and each one has had a series of integration tests executed
[2] before merge. That drove quality and velocity.

I’m proud of the results we achieved and I’m also proud of the people who helped make
it happen!

The other side of the story, is that it took me a GREAT amount of time to do this. Schuberg
Philis allowed me to work on it during the day, and next to that I also spent many many evenings
and weekends working on it. Right now, I feel it’s time to scale that down again to normal
proportions. I will continue to contribute, but I just won't take the lead for now.

Long story short, please step up if you want to take over the RM role. I'd be happy to provide
some guide lines and help.

Regards,

Remi

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Release+principles+for+Apache+CloudStack+4.6+and+up