cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Somesh Naidu <Somesh.Na...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Quick note about $dayjob
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 17:14:34 GMT
Good luck and I hope the best for your new venture!

Regards,
Somesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastien Goasguen [mailto:runseb@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 9:31 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org; users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Quick note about $dayjob

Hi folks,

As some of you might have guessed I am changing $dayjob.

This is an exciting time for me, but it also means that I will become less involved with CloudStack.
( I said *less* involved, did not say I was going to disappear). I have informed the PMC and
offered to stop my VP role ahead of the March deadline. As you know we have a one-year rotation
for the VP role. However if the PMC does not see a problem with it I will gladly continue
until March.

I will keep this brief but I wanted to let you know so that you don’t wonder why my involvement
in recent releases and votes has decreased.

It is an exciting time for CloudStack as well, with ever greater releases ( in large part
to Remi, Wilder and a few others), a strong proposal to offer LTS and the commitment from
Accelerite.

Change is good, challenges are opportunities says Sensei Wu from Ninjago :)

PS:
If you wonder, I am launching my own container startup called Skippbox. I will grant myself
a shameless plug, and if you know anyone interested in containers and kubernetes I sure could
use some help ( https://github.com/skippbox , http://www.skippbox.com/blog/), github stars
and PRs :)

Cheers,

-Sebastien