cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From ilya <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accelerite's acquisition of CloudPlatform - the Accelerite viewpoint
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 20:49:36 GMT
Accelerite Team,

Welcome to Apache CloudStack Community!

Looking forward to working with you in the future.

Feel free to reach out to this channel if you need any help related to ACS.

Thanks
ilya

On 1/26/16 12:49 AM, Wido den Hollander wrote:

> On 26-01-16 09:22, Samir Agarwal wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> This is a wide distribution. I hesitate to spam, but I do want to introduce Accelerite
to the Apache CloudStack community - who we are, how we do things, and what is our thinking
on CloudStack. If you missed the announcement about Accelerite acquiring CloudPlatform from
Citrix, you can find it here<https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2016/01/11/a-new-home-accelerite-to-acquire-cloudplatform/>.

>> My name is Samir Agarwal, and I manage products at Accelerite. Our company strives
to be a preferred, premier provider of IT solutions to companies around the globe. The company
has three key business lines - Mobility and endpoint management, IoT, and Cloud Solutions.
This last business line is where our acquisition of CloudPlatform fits, and complements our
already existing self-service and disaster recovery & business continuity solutions.

>> In addition to building products from scratch, Accelerite regularly acquires assets
from other companies - much like CloudPlatform from Citrix. Almost always the first thing
we do is bring a strong focus on support to make sure our customers' needs are being met.
In parallel we look to significantly increase our investments in R&D. We want to make
sure our existing and future customers see our commitment to the product, and an exciting
roadmap to go with it. This is exactly what we are planning to do with CloudPlatform as well.

>> So, what does all of this mean for CloudStack? I can tell you that our commitment
to CloudStack is rock solid. You should fully expect to see us contributing to the CloudStack
code base, and owning even more items on the roadmap. We will be in meetups and CloudStack
events to further promote the cause of CloudStack and CloudPlatform. To say we are thrilled
about the possibilities doesn't do justice to our level of excitement. My colleague, Lianghwa
Jou, and I met Ilya H, John K and Animesh C - all members of the CloudStack PMC - the other
day over lunch. We learned a great deal from them, and left with a resolve to further engage
with the community, and explore how we can make meaningful contributions. We are firmly of
the belief that the success of CloudPlatform lies in the success of CloudStack. Put more plainly,
without CloudStack, there is no CloudPlatform!

>> We look forward to an exciting relationship with the CloudStack community.
>>

> Great to hear! Looking forward to seeing what the future brings :)
>
> Wido
>
>> Samir
>>

>> DISCLAIMER
>> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property
of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual