cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Accelerite's acquisition of CloudPlatform - the Accelerite viewpoint
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 08:49:38 GMT

On 26-01-16 09:22, Samir Agarwal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is a wide distribution. I hesitate to spam, but I do want to introduce Accelerite
to the Apache CloudStack community - who we are, how we do things, and what is our thinking
on CloudStack. If you missed the announcement about Accelerite acquiring CloudPlatform from
Citrix, you can find it here<https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2016/01/11/a-new-home-accelerite-to-acquire-cloudplatform/>.

> My name is Samir Agarwal, and I manage products at Accelerite. Our company strives to
be a preferred, premier provider of IT solutions to companies around the globe. The company
has three key business lines - Mobility and endpoint management, IoT, and Cloud Solutions.
This last business line is where our acquisition of CloudPlatform fits, and complements our
already existing self-service and disaster recovery & business continuity solutions.

> In addition to building products from scratch, Accelerite regularly acquires assets from
other companies - much like CloudPlatform from Citrix. Almost always the first thing we do
is bring a strong focus on support to make sure our customers' needs are being met. In parallel
we look to significantly increase our investments in R&D. We want to make sure our existing
and future customers see our commitment to the product, and an exciting roadmap to go with
it. This is exactly what we are planning to do with CloudPlatform as well.

> So, what does all of this mean for CloudStack? I can tell you that our commitment to
CloudStack is rock solid. You should fully expect to see us contributing to the CloudStack
code base, and owning even more items on the roadmap. We will be in meetups and CloudStack
events to further promote the cause of CloudStack and CloudPlatform. To say we are thrilled
about the possibilities doesn't do justice to our level of excitement. My colleague, Lianghwa
Jou, and I met Ilya H, John K and Animesh C - all members of the CloudStack PMC - the other
day over lunch. We learned a great deal from them, and left with a resolve to further engage
with the community, and explore how we can make meaningful contributions. We are firmly of
the belief that the success of CloudPlatform lies in the success of CloudStack. Put more plainly,
without CloudStack, there is no CloudPlatform!

> We look forward to an exciting relationship with the CloudStack community.

Great to hear! Looking forward to seeing what the future brings :)

Wido

> Samir
>

> DISCLAIMER
of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual