cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rene Moser <m...@renemoser.net>
Subject Re: Minor releases!
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 17:18:30 GMT
On 01/07/2016 05:04 PM, sebgoa wrote:

> Yet folks (like Rene) may like a pattern of just minor and very infrequent major. While
folks like Remi want continuous deployment.

> So at the cost of sounding a bit "fatherly" we indeed need to discuss this a bit. I mentioned
it after 4.6, and communicate clearly to everyone how this works.

> Keeping in mind that we don't want to abandon anyone and we want everybody to be able
to upgrade easily.

Hmm no it is not quite right.

I am not against frequent majors, but I my use case needs releases to be
maintained longer then the next major release.

So I think the best solution would be every 12 months a LTS releases
maintained for 18 months for users having such conditions.

I'll get in touch with Rohit.

Regards
René