cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rene Moser <m...@renemoser.net>
Subject Re: Minor releases!
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 16:22:27 GMT
On 01/07/2016 05:08 PM, Remi Bergsma wrote:
>> Good plan but this discussion is about _fixes_ for things we already run
>> on hardware in production in real world conditions. For problems we
>> worked around. For issues we deal with daily and waiting for a release
>> that fixes these.
>
> Sorry, I don’t get your point. I run both 4.4 and 4.7 in production and fast releases
help me deploy fixes soon and make users happy.

By users I meant cloudsack users not end users.

>>> Like I said before, if you want to stick on another version, please go ahead
and release any version you need. I’m sure Daan, Rohit or myself are more than happy to
show you how to do that.

>> It is not about me, it is about reliable releases.
>
> First it was about the pace, now it’s about their reliability?

No, it is not the pace. You can do as many major as often as you want
but if one uses this major, how long will it get minors? We have no clue.

I understand your point completely while my argument is that I have to
plan releases year by year.

Under this condition I'd take the LTS of the releases, the most stable
one even its 2 years old, (I have to maintain it for a year), not the
latest one, for sure not a .0 release.

With that mindset, there is no version for me right now.