cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rene Moser <m...@renemoser.net>
Subject Re: Minor releases!
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 15:33:18 GMT

On 01/07/2016 04:10 PM, Remi Bergsma wrote:
> Even minor releases had issues so I don’t see the difference.

Yes, that is why you make them as small as possible. and they are used
to improve things.

> To me there’s only one road to success: test every PR, run integration tests against
real hardware and have someone review the code. Then release as fast as possible.
> Unfortunately, without write access to Github we will not be able to automate this.

Good plan but this discussion is about _fixes_ for things we already run
on hardware in production in real world conditions. For problems we
worked around. For issues we deal with daily and waiting for a release
that fixes these.

> Like I said before, if you want to stick on another version, please go ahead and release
any version you need. I’m sure Daan, Rohit or myself are more than happy to show you how
to do that.

It is not about me, it is about reliable releases.

We can not even tell users which releases are still maintained and
getting fixes, even how long the latest release gets fixes...