cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Move to Github
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 09:56:42 GMT

On Jan 11, 2016, at 10:51 AM, Rene Moser <mail@renemoser.net> wrote:

> Hi Sebastien
>
> On 01/11/2016 09:53 AM, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:
>> Part 3:
>> ————
>>
>> To me the main issue for us is that our current privileges on GitHub prevent us from
building more productive CI workflow and makes the life of the RM more difficult (cannot use
labels, cannot use issues, cannot configured triggers/hooks etc). ...

> Out of curiosity, it seems the main problem is that we are using the
> apache account of github.

indeed

> Why don't we create an own one?
>
> e.g. github.com/cloudstackdev

we do have github.com/cloudstack already

> --> PR merge on  github.com/cloudstackdev
> --> hook to jenkins job pushing it to git http://git.apache.org
> --> will be mirrored to https://github.com/apache/cloudstack
>
> Did I miss anything why this would not be possible?

this is exactly what "moving to github" would mean.

if we agree to do this, we then need to work with infra and the board to make sure everything
is ok in terms of provenance and that it does not "break" our ASF "commitment"