cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wilder Rodrigues <WRodrig...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: New release manager wanted
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2016 18:18:51 GMT
Thanks for ll the hard work and support, Remi! We worked quite some weekends testing PRs in
order to get them merged properly, following the guidelines: 2 LGTM (1 being code review;
1 being integration tests)

I hope that the same principle will now be taken as a standard.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Wilder

> On 27 Jan 2016, at 14:08, Remi Bergsma <RBergsma@schubergphilis.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>

> After picking up the RM role last summer, I've had an interesting ride with awesome results.
First the release principles [1], then stabilizing master and finally 3 releases in a row:
4.6 in November, 4.7 in December and 4.8 in January (and as a bonus 3 more patch releases
in between). As Seb pointed out, we could start a new vote at any time and release it. Given
that we keep master stable, of course.

> Hundreds of Pull Requests got merged and each one has had a series of integration tests
executed [2] before merge. That drove quality and velocity.

> I’m proud of the results we achieved and I’m also proud of the people who helped
make it happen!

> The other side of the story, is that it took me a GREAT amount of time to do this. Schuberg
Philis allowed me to work on it during the day, and next to that I also spent many many evenings
and weekends working on it. Right now, I feel it’s time to scale that down again to normal
proportions. I will continue to contribute, but I just won't take the lead for now.

> Long story short, please step up if you want to take over the RM role. I'd be happy to
provide some guide lines and help.