cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chaz PC <dreeems4e...@hotmail.com>
Subject CloudStack Logging, the log4j Configuration file
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2015 11:31:43 GMT
I am studying the logging process used by CloudStack and came accross the configuration file
that is used by Log4j. What is confusing to me is that all the resources is stating that the
"log4j-cloud.xml" is supposed to be the file used to confiugre the logging, but what I have
noticed is that no matter what are the changes I made using this file it would just go back
to what it was. Never the less I found if I change the "log4j-cloud.xml.in" file these changes
will be reflected on the created log files.

There are around 13 "log4j-cloud.xml" files  as well as 13 "log4-cloud.xml.in" files spreaded
accross the source code. These files are not the same, some of them may have the same configuration
but mostly they differ.

Can you please explain the diffrences between these files.

Waiting for your answer.

Best Regards

Hanan