cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.7.0
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2015 13:15:46 GMT
Hi all,

My vote is +1 (binding) with following note:
We ought to mention on the release notes for 4.5.3 users workaround for upgrading to 4.7.0:
(0) register the 4.6 systemvm template, (1) shutdown mgmt server once systemvm is registered
and take db backups, (2) removing the version 4.5.3 from the cloud.version table, (3) upgrade
management server package(s) and start the management server.

Tests performed with KVM hosts based on CentOS 7.2 and Ubuntu 14.04 in two different setups:

- Management server on Ubuntu 14.04, CentOS 6.7 and CentOS 7.2 (note: on CentOS 7.2, cloudstack-setup-databases
too several minutes because the encryption process that invokes jascrypt/encrypt.sh took far
too much time; I was unable to find the cause. Another note: it installed both Java 1.7 and
1.8, I had to remove 1.8 manually as we don’t officially support it yet)
- Life cycle tests: VM, volumes, template/iso, snapshots, VRs/systemvms
- Local and shared storage
- Networking: Shared network, Isolated network, VPC network (note: on creating VPCs from the
UI, the nuage VPC offering is set as default; this does not fit wider use-case and need to
be fixed)
- Regression testing: SAML single-sign on, several minor KVM enhancements
- Metrics UI views
- Upgrade tests from 4.5.2 and from 4.6.2 (note: if pre 4.5 users with multiple zones/secondary
storages try to upgrade to 4.7.0, they would likely hit systemvm template not synced across
all secondary storages issue; fix is to rsync or cp all systemvm template folder across all
zones/secondary storages and mark that template as Active in DB)

Regards.

[ShapeBlue]<http://www.shapeblue.com>
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect      ,       ShapeBlue

d:      +44 203 603 0540 | s: <tel:+44%20203%20603%200540%20|%20s:>      |      m:
    +91 8826230892<tel:+91%208826230892>

e:      rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com | t: <mailto:rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com%20|%20t:>
     |      w:      www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>

a:      53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden London WC2N 4HS UK

[cid:image54f619.png@6fc7bf73.4c8ac674]

trademark.
you have received this email in error.

:

> 1/ Fresh install of 4.7.0 (adv net) on Ubuntu 14.04.3 + KVM + NFS : OK
> Some standard tests (create vm, migration, HA, create network, create user, create ssh
key, destroy vm, register template, create snapshot, restore snapshot, create template, ip
association, ip release, static nat, firewall rule)
> Some tests with cloudstack ansible module (create network, register templates, create
vm, ip, firewall rule)

> 2/ Fresh install of 4.5.2 (adv net) on Ubuntu 14.04.3 + KVM + NFS, and after migration
to 4.7.0 : OK
> Some standard tests (create vm, migration, HA (crash host), create network, create user,
create ssh key, destroy vm, register template, create snapshot, restore snapshot, create template,
resize volume)
> Some tests with cloudstack ansible module (create network, register templates, create
vm, ip, firewall rule)
> Special tests with Redondant Virtual Router (RVR) VR master destroy (only 8 icmp packets
lost after the 'virtual crash')

> 3/ Tests all localizations of Web UI (with a complete installation of CS) : local strings
works wells except Spanish and Arabic (expected, some strings needs to be fixes on Transifex)

> Known minor issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-9183
>
> Thanks to RM team. Double sprints with 4.6.2/4.7.0!
>
> Milamber
>
> On 13/12/2015 20:27, Remi Bergsma wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Since our 4.6.0 release (on Nov 13th, exactly 1 month ago), we have merged 100+ pull
requests [1] with lots of bug fixes, refactoring and of course new features. Time for a new
release!

>> I've created a 4.7.0 release candidate, with the following artifacts up for a vote:
>>
>> Git Branch and Commit SH:
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=4.7.0-RC20151213T2109
>>
>> Commit: 2f26a859a971a9852ed9f6f34fe35e52fe6028a9
>>
>> Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the same location):
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.7.0/
>>
>> PGP release keys (signed using A47DDC4F):
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS
>>
>> Vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>>
>> For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to indicate "(binding)"
with their vote?

>> [ ] +1 approve
>> [ ] +0 no opinion
>> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>>

>> [1] git log --pretty=oneline --abbrev-commit origin/4.6..4.7.0-RC20151213T2109 |
grep "Merge pull request"

Regards.

Rohit Yadav
Software Architect