cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: CloudMonkey Import error in cloudmonkey.requester : cannot import name connection
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 06:25:01 GMT
Hi Kenny,

On 03-Dec-2015, at 5:25 AM, Kenny Ho <y2kenny@gmail.com<mailto:y2kenny@gmail.com>>
wrote:

I am trying out CloudStack and trying to do some BareMetal deployment.
>From Jira, looks like the web UI is not ready for that so I turn to command
line option.  I found cloudmonkey, but on fresh install on first run, I got
this error:

$ sudo apt-get install python-pip
$ sudo pip install cloudmonkey
$ cloudmonkey
Import error in cloudmonkey.requester : cannot import name connection

I tested on Ubuntu 14.04.3 and it works for me. Can you try this:
(as root, or with sudo)

pip uninstall cloudmonkey
pip uninstall requests
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
pip install --upgrade pip
pip install --upgrade cloudmonkey

In my case pip version was 7.1.2, cloudmonkey version was 5.3.2, python version was 2.7.6.

Regards.

Is this a known issue?  Is there a work around for this?  I am running
Ubuntu 14:
$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 14.04
Codename: trusty

$python --version
Python 2.7.6

Rohit Yadav
Software Architect

[cid:image003.png@01D122E8.F6EFE910]

S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540> | M: +91 88 262 30892<tel:+447770745036>

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com<mailto:steve.roles@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/>
| Twitter:@ShapeBlue<https://twitter.com/#!/shapeblue>

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.