cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Move to Github
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 09:51:24 GMT
BTW

Anyone can ask for a new git repo which will be mirrored on github at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/create/8

Not sure if the link will work, but it’s available through issues.

> On Dec 19, 2015, at 7:03 PM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 19 Dec 2015, at 16:28, Rene Moser <mail@renemoser.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Seb
>>
>>> On 12/19/2015 10:12 AM, sebgoa wrote:
>>>
>>> Late October I started thread [1] about moving our repo to GitHub, I would like
to re-open this discussion.

>>> Now that we have stabilized master and release 4.6.0, 4.6.1, 4.6.2 and 4.7.0
we need to think about the next steps.

>>> To me Git and GitHub has become an essential tool to any software development,
not using it to its full potential is hurting us.

>>> Just as an example I would like to point you to [2], this a PR I made to Kubernetes
(a container orchestrator), it literally added 14 characters in a json file.
>>> This was really a very minor change.
>>>
>>> The PR automatically triggered 3 bots which created 7 labels, it ran end to end
testss, Jenkins jobs and triggered third part builds.