cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Package Repositories
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 07:44:52 GMT

On 11/30/2015 10:14 PM, John Burwell wrote:
> Sebastian,
>
> As I mentioned in my initial message, the public ShapeBlue repositories [1] are noredist
builds of release baselines with no additional patches or changes.  My understanding is that
the project cannot officially distribute the noredist plugins due to inability of the community
to distribute libraries required by these components.  If my understanding is correct, I don’t
think a community managed package repos could contain packages with this components.

I agree. I don't think that the community build packages should have
noredist enabled. What any other repos do is not our 'problem'.

> I am +1 to the categories.  I am +1 to the making packages official project deliverables
that are voted out.  Users clear prefer to install via packages.  It seems like applying the
full attention of the community to test them would certainly a good thing for users.

Shall we ask for packages.cloudstack.org then?

Wido

> Thanks,
> -John
>
> [1]: http://packages.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/upstream
>
> —
> John Burwell
> VP Software Engineering
>

> USA: (571) 403-2411 | UK: +44 20 3603 0542
> john.burwell@shapeblue.com | www.shapeblue.com | Twitter: @ShapeBlue
>
>> On Nov 30, 2015, at 11:44 AM, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Nov 30, 2015, at 11:28 AM, Paul Angus <paul.angus@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Sebastien,
>>>
>>> Can you confirm that users can expect to find the noredist build of the rpms
and debs at apt-get.eu ?

>> I don't know
>>
>> What I understood from Rohit, is that the "shapeblue" repo also contains pkgs that
are hot-fixed and have features back ported.
>> In that sense it is quite a different repo than apt-get which only has pkg for each
release.

>>> Paul Angus
>>> VP Technology         ,       ShapeBlue Ltd
>>> s:   02036170528       |      t:     @cloudyangus      |      m:     +44 7711418784
>>> e:   paul.angus@shapeblue.com          |      w:     www.shapeblue.com
>>>       53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London WC2N 4HS. UK
>>>
>>> Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services
India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue
Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated
under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic
trademark.
>>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely
you believe you have received this email in error.

?

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.