cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Miguel Ferreira <MFerre...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack Logging, the log4j Configuration file
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2015 14:32:34 GMT
+1 on this question.
I too would like to know the reason for having all these files in different modules.

On 07/12/15 12:52, "Chaz PC" <dreeems4ever@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>

>I am studying the logging process used by CloudStack and came accross the configuration
file that is used by Log4j. What is confusing to me is that all the resources is stating that
the "log4j-cloud.xml" is supposed to be the file used to confiugre the logging, but what I
have noticed is that no matter what are the changes I made using this file it would just go
back to what it was. Never the less I found if I change the "log4j-cloud.xml.in" file these
changes will be reflected on the created log files.

>There are around 13 "log4j-cloud.xml" files  as well as 13 "log4-cloud.xml.in" files spreaded
accross the source code. These files are not the same, some of them may have the same configuration
but mostly they differ.