cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Miguel Ferreira <MFerre...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: cloudstack UI
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 17:35:14 GMT
I think that would be a good move too. The only impediment I see are the hardcoved url endpoints.
Specifically "client/" and "client/api".

The UI code is already a separate module. But that gets bundled inside the management server
WAR. We could separate that in two WARs if te UI would allow us to specify where to find the
API endpoint.

I've actually deployed cloudstack with an endpoint different from "client/" and everything
worked fine, except the UI.

Cheers,
--
Miguel

> On 18 Nov 2015, at 13:23, Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

>> On 17/11/15, 1:49 PM, "Sebastien Goasguen" <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On Nov 17, 2015, at 7:24 AM, Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>  I am considering  some improvements to cloudstack UI. Like delinking the quick
view with the details page. Such that the details page can contain listView.

>>> Another change that can make UI more compact and flexible is to have multiple
listViews in a listView i.e. Recursive listViews or just a complexListView.

>>> Any thoughts and comments on complexity, usefulness etc will help.
>>
>> Abhi, do you know if there is a way to easily decouple the UI code from the core
of cloudstack ?

>> That might be an interesting move.
>
> Although I was currently looking at making the UI widgets more flexible. Coming to think
about decoupling UI, it might be tricky as UI is tightly coupled with cloudstack APIs.
> Like marvin tests I think we may have to just have it with cloudstack core, due to versioning
complications.

> Regards,
> -abhi

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.