cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prat...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: cloudstack UI
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 12:23:21 GMT
On 17/11/15, 1:49 PM, "Sebastien Goasguen" <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Nov 17, 2015, at 7:24 AM, Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>>   I am considering  some improvements to cloudstack UI. Like delinking the quick
view with the details page. Such that the details page can contain listView.

>>  Another change that can make UI more compact and flexible is to have multiple listViews
in a listView i.e. Recursive listViews or just a complexListView.

>> Any thoughts and comments on complexity, usefulness etc will help.
>>

>Abhi, do you know if there is a way to easily decouple the UI code from the core of cloudstack
?

>That might be an interesting move.

Although I was currently looking at making the UI widgets more flexible. Coming to think about
decoupling UI, it might be tricky as UI is tightly coupled with cloudstack APIs.
Like marvin tests I think we may have to just have it with cloudstack core, due to versioning
complications.

Regards,
-abhi

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.