cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Package Repositories
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2015 10:28:37 GMT

On 30-Nov-2015, at 3:38 PM, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com<mailto:runseb@gmail.com>>
wrote:

- source
- community repo
- 3-rd party repo

I am +1 with this, why ?

-source is a no brainer
- community repo (apt-get) because that's our defacto pkg repo even though we don't vote on
packages. There was not vote to say these were our community repo but that's a fact. Several
people have access to the machine and can make updates etc...
- 3rd party, allows us to list vendor pkg repo. The more vendors provide CloudStack the better.
I see it a bit like the "books" discussions we had couple years ago. We do not endorse them,
but we should promote them.

+1 on possibly doing official packages and hosting in future.

-1 on the listings, community repo is 3rd party repo too. With my PMC hat on - just because
several people from the community are maintaining it should not make it blessed unless they
are officially voted. Even if half the community were to maintain an unofficial repository,
it would still be a 3rd party repo.

We should write them like this:

- source
- 3rd party repo (not endorsed by Apache)

Rohit Yadav
Software Architect

[cid:image003.png@01D122E8.F6EFE910]

S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540> | M: +91 88 262 30892<tel:+447770745036>

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com<mailto:steve.roles@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/>
| Twitter:@ShapeBlue<https://twitter.com/#!/shapeblue>

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.