cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wilder Rodrigues <WRodrig...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.6.0
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 18:11:37 GMT
:(

Sad to hear that just that late in the release process, John. Even worse to hear that it was
already happening in 4.5.2 - released some months ago. But no worries! With our new release
process, we can do things, in a proper way, quicker than before. The ACS 4.6.1 RC1 will be
out within 2 weeks from now, fully tested and with the fixes - Redundant VPC split-brain,
S3 and you sec issue - included. We will increase the release cycle, not because we release
broken stuff, but because we want to decrease the number of open issues.

Our goal is to make ACS better than any cloud platform in the market!

Cheers,
Wilder

> On 13 Nov 2015, at 18:45, John Burwell <john.burwell@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> I realize my vote is coming in after the vote has closed.  However, I found that a fix
[1] for at least one CVE that shipped in 4.5.2, CVE 2015-3251, is not present in 4.6.0.  I
just happened to notice because someone asked me within the last half hour about the availability
of that fix.  I apologize for the late -1 (binding), but, in my opinion, we should never knowingly
ship a regression of a CVE fix.  There were other CVEs addressed in 4.5.2, and I am concerned
they also may be missing from 4.6.0.

> Thanks,
> -John
>
> [1]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/3a48171b
>
> ---
> John Burwell (@john_burwell)
> VP of Software Engineering, ShapeBlue
> (571) 403-2411 | +44 20 3603 0542
> http://www.shapeblue.com | @ShapeBlue
> 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London, WC2N 4HS
>

>> On Nov 13, 2015, at 11:11 AM, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>>
>> Good job, everyone! :-)
>>
>> --
>>
>> Nux!