cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wilder Rodrigues <WRodrig...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.6.0 (round 2)
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 12:39:25 GMT
Hi Nux,

Concerning your second comment:

2 - after upgrading the packages to 4.6.0, the mgmt server complains the 4.5 systemvm is missing
- wtf?

We explained how the upgrade is done in the issue ==> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-9046

The current way ACS does the upgrade requires one to follow all the path. So, going from 4.4.x
to 4.6.x requires an upgrade to 4.5.x first. In order to avoid that, you have to register
a SystemVM template 4.5.x before as well. That’s how I did that and how I have tested. All
in the issue above. So, the second point doesn’t really block the RC.

Now, about your first point, since you already mentioned how to get it working, I wouldn’t
say that’s a blocker, right?

Given the current state of the upgrade path, or how it is implemented, perhaps the issue you
created should be marked either “won’t fix” or be changed into an improvement.

Cheers,
Wilder