cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Qian Shaohua" <wind...@189.cn>
Subject [KVM] NPE when createVolume by a snapshot whose source volume is deleted
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 07:23:01 GMT
Hi all,

CS 4.5.2 KVM

KVMStorageProcessor checks source volume of a snapshot for the ImageFormat
in createVolumeFromSnapshot(CopyCommand cmd).

If the source volume is deleted, we get NPE.

2015-11-18 14:02:57,259 DEBUG [o.a.c.e.o.VolumeOrchestrator]
(API-Job-Executor-35:ctx-0c1e2671 job-2795 ctx-5108a77c) Failed to create
volume from snapshot:java.lang.NullPointerException

        at
com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.storage.KVMStorageProcessor.createVolumeFromSnapsho
t(KVMStorageProcessor.java:1237)

        at
com.cloud.storage.resource.StorageSubsystemCommandHandlerBase.execute(Storag
eSubsystemCommandHandlerBase.java:97)

        at
com.cloud.storage.resource.StorageSubsystemCommandHandlerBase.handleStorageC
ommands(StorageSubsystemCommandHandlerBase.java:53)

        at
com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.resource.LibvirtComputingResource.executeRequest(Li
bvirtComputingResource.java:1406)

        at com.cloud.agent.Agent.processRequest(Agent.java:503)

        at com.cloud.agent.Agent$AgentRequestHandler.doTask(Agent.java:808)

        at com.cloud.utils.nio.Task.run(Task.java:84)

        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:11
45)

        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:6
15)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

It isn't fix in master as we know.

Shall we save format info in snapshots table and get rid of the dependency?

Or give the volume info in CopyCommand even if the volume is deleted?

--

Qian