cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Weber <terbol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mentor
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2015 22:27:46 GMT
On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 10:34 PM, David Willard <dwillard622@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi B. Prakash, Daan, Erik,
>
> I have emailed many time requesting a mentor and still no responses. I
> have been following cloudstack for a few months. I am entry-level java
> completed a Java class as I have earned my bachelor in IT from Northeastern
> University. I earned a 4.0 for the Java course. Even if I have to start
> troubleshooting code I am a quick learner and in a few months be able to
> code. I am a member of the OSI and my ultimate goal is to obtain a job in
> information security.

Hi David,

I am sorry that your efforts to get into the community hasn't given the
wanted results yet.

Coding CloudStack is beyond my skill set, so I can't really offer any
mentoring, but if you are looking for simple tasks to carry out to get more
familiar with the project I am sure we could come up with some issues for
you :-)

Your first matter of business should be to get a CloudStack cloud up and
running so that you can test any changes you do.
This can be done on a single machine if needed.

--
Erik