cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Raja Pullela <raja.pull...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: BVT report - 10/22
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 12:24:45 GMT
Cool,

BTW, The reason for failure for the following tests is downloading of templates/ISOs is taking
a long time to download
1) integration.smoke.test_vm_life_cycle.TestVMLifeCycle.test_10_attachAndDetach_iso
2) integration.smoke.test_internal_lb.TestInternalLb.test02_internallb_haproxy_stats_on_all_interfaces
3) integration.smoke.test_internal_lb.TestInternalLb.test_01_internallb_roundrobin_1VPC_3VM_HTTP_port80

This due to a PR on test_data.py which modified the Templates URL/locations to ACS People
pages.
I am looking at solutions to fix it.

best,
Raja
-----Original Message-----
From: Wilder Rodrigues [mailto:WRodrigues@schubergphilis.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 10:30 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: Remi Bergsma <RBergsma@schubergphilis.com>
Subject: Re: BVT report - 10/22

Hi Raja,

Test is done and we have failures:

Test for port forwarding on source NAT ... === TestName: test_01_port_fwd_on_src_nat | Status
: SUCCESS === ok Test for port forwarding on non source NAT ... === TestName: test_02_port_fwd_on_non_src_nat
=== TestName: test_network_rules_acquired_public_ip_3_Load_Balancer_Rule | Status : FAILED
=== FAIL

Reasons:

FAIL: Test for Router rules for network rules on acquired public IP
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ddt.py", line 146, in wrapper
    return func(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/data/git/cs2/cloudstack/test/integration/smoke/test_network.py", line 1245, in test_network_rules_acquired_public_ip
    not removed from VR even after disabling statin NAT")
AssertionError: IP address is                not removed from VR even after disabling statin
NAT
[...]

I will create an issue and have a look into it.

Cheers,
Wilder

On 22 Oct 2015, at 18:22, Wilder Rodrigues <WRodrigues@schubergphilis.com<mailto:WRodrigues@schubergphilis.com>>
wrote:

Okay.

We haven't got any failure, but I'm curious about what you have to share.

I started the test_network here and it's going fine. However, we need to improve that one.
It has a test that delete the PF rules and tries to SSH into the VM - failure is expected.
But unfortunately it has a retries count of 60 times! That's just too much for a test that
is expected to fail. Once I'm done running it I will reduce the retries to 5 in that case.

Cheers,
Wilder

On 22 Oct 2015, at 18:12, Raja Pullela <raja.pullela@citrix.com<mailto:raja.pullela@citrix.com>>
wrote:

Hi wilder,

Internal Lb tests, I need to investigate the failures, some race condition when I ran it.

Best
Raja
On Oct 22, 2015, at 9:40 PM, Wilder Rodrigues <WRodrigues@schubergphilis.com<mailto:WRodrigues@schubergphilis.com>>
wrote:

Hi Raja,

Internal LB has been working since wilder PR 940 was merged and the test itself has also been
improved to do proper testing. We have tested that for KVM. What do you mean by "// Issue
to be investigated"?

Concerning the SSVM/CPVM, yep... working fine again: I created the PR 959 (with extra tests)
and it got merged last night.

I'm deploying a DC and will run the smoke/test_network.py  with hardware set as true and also
as false. Will publish the report here once done.

Cheers,
Wilder

On 22 Oct 2015, at 16:01, Raja Pullela <raja.pullela@citrix.com<mailto:raja.pullela@citrix.com>>
wrote:

Hi,

Following is the latest BVT report - 10/22 Xen Basic :  94.0% KVM Basic: 97.1%  - glad to
see the reboot ssvm/cpvm are fixed Xen Adv: 91.9% - test_internal_lb and test_network needs
code fixes, possibly!
KVM Adv: 93.6% - glad to see the reboot ssvm/cpvm are fixed  - test_internal_lb and test_network
needs code fixes, possibly!

Test cases failing:
Xen Basic:

*         integration.smoke.test_vm_snapshots.TestSnapshots.test_01_test_vm_volume_snapshot
// Test case issue createsnapshot failed, due to: errorCode: 431, errorText:Volume snapshot
is not allowed

*         integration.smoke.test_vm_life_cycle.TestVMLifeCycle.test_10_attachAndDetach_iso
 // Error to be investigated - SSH failed for virtual machine: 192.168.175.23 - SSH connection
has Failed. Waited 600s

*         integration.smoke.test_volumes.TestVolumes.test_02_attach_volume// Error to be investigated
- SSH failed for VM: 192.168.175.19 - SSH connection has Failed. Waited 600s

*         integration.smoke.test_iso.TestISO.test_07_list_default_iso// Test case issue -
looking for an ISO that does not exist.
KVM Basic:

*         integration.smoke.test_iso.TestISO.test_07_list_default_iso // Test case issue -
looking for an ISO that does not exist.

*         integration.smoke.test_vm_life_cycle.TestVMLifeCycle.test_10_attachAndDetach_iso//
Error to be investigated - SSH failed for virtual machine: 192.168.175.23 - SSH connection
has Failed. Waited 600s

KVM Adv:  please note BLANK means I see a bunch of spaces in the error message.  Can someone
rerun these tests.

*         integration.smoke.test_internal_lb.TestInternalLb.test02_internallb_haproxy_stats_on_all_interfaces//
Issue to be investigated -

*         integration.smoke.test_internal_lb.TestInternalLb.test_01_internallb_roundrobin_1VPC_3VM_HTTP_port80
// Issue to be investigated

*         integration.smoke.test_network.TestRouterRules.test_network_rules_acquired_public_ip_1_static_nat_rule//
Error: IP address is BLANK not removed from VR even after disabling statin NAT

*         integration.smoke.test_network.TestRouterRules.test_network_rules_acquired_public_ip_2_nat_rule
// Error: IP address is BLANK not removed from VR even after disabling statin NAT

*         integration.smoke.test_network.TestRouterRules.test_network_rules_acquired_public_ip_3_Load_Balancer_Rule//
Error: IP address is BLANK not removed from VR even after disabling statin NAT

*         integration.smoke.test_iso.TestISO.test_07_list_default_iso // Test case issue -
look for an ISO that does not exist.

*         <nose.suite.ContextSuite context=TestNiciraContoller>:setup // Test case issue
- setup method issue
Xen Adv:  please note BLANK means I see a bunch of "spaces" in the error message.  Can someone
rerun these tests ?

*         integration.smoke.test_volumes.TestCreateVolume.test_01_create_volume //Error: SSH
access failed for VM 192.168.200.104 - SSH connection has Failed. Waited 600s