cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time to create 4.6 branch ?
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 20:27:54 GMT
Wei might have a point, however:

1-We still have blockers, and one is unassigned, the others are on Wilder’s plate. So there
is still work to get done on the blockers and work to help Wilder.

2-If you don’t work on blockers you can start testing master as if it was RC and getting
ready to vote, you might uncover other blockers

3-We have tons of PR that need reviews, and issues that need triage. So taking bit of time
to look at JIRA and clean up will be a great bonus to the project.

4-if you still don’t know what to do :) you can keep working on your new features for 4.7
and make sure they are rebased, with unit tests and new marvin tests to get ready to merge.

5-if you still don’t know what to do, you might help with release notes and documentation
to be ready for 4.6 release.

6-if all that is unexciting you can prepare the upgrade path. How we do it is up for grabs.
I think there will be a 4.6 branch once the RC passes.

-seb