cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Service Offering documentation
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 20:47:49 GMT
The GPU section on page
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/4.5/service_offerings.html

seems to be lacking some information (at least as far as I can tell).
1) What does the GPU do? It says to select a card that I want to use. No
hint about the basis on which I should make the selection or if there
are any restrictions on the choice (based on hardware?)
2) It mentions support for 2 NVIDIA cards and says that if you want to
use another card "make the createServiceOffering API call". How is this
done on a UI screen?
3) The Type selection is worded in an odd way  with 3 selections
explicitly named and a "so on" thrown in. Then it goes on to talk about
a passthrough vGPU type in a separate paragraph.

Perhaps there should be links to external web sites to clarify the
definitions of these cards and types.

If someone can explain what this section actually means, I will try to
write it in a clearer fashion.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler