cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UI translation for 4.6
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 21:39:56 GMT
Hello translators,

The way to translate the web UI of CloudStack is to go on Transifex
website [1]. Apache CloudStack uses this specialized service to
facilitate the translation process.

It's very easy, you just need to create an account (free) and start to
translate with the Transifex friendly interface (suggestions for
strings, history, comments, issues, etc.)

Currently we focus on the 4.6 resources strings for make the next
version of CloudStack a great localized version. You can can translate
too the other versions (especially 4.5) because a minor update is
planned (4.5.3)).

Regularly or after a ping me, I launch the process [2] to update the
L10N resources files on the source code of CloudStack.

Currently for the next version 4.6, if you are a dev, you can apply this
pull request [3] on a local git branch from master branch and launch the
web UI to check the localization web UI.

Below, the complete list of current languages opened to the translation.
If your languages isn't in the list, you can ask on Transifex to open it.

All languages and translators are welcome!

Milamber

[1] https://www.transifex.com/ke4qqq/CloudStack_UI/
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Update+L10N+files+from+Transifex+to+git+repo
[3] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/974

The full list:

Acoli (ach)
Arabic (ar)
Catalan (ca)
Chinese (China) (zh_CN)
Chinese (Taiwan) (zh_TW)
Dutch (Belgium) (nl_BE)
Dutch (Netherlands) (nl_NL)
Dutch (nl)
French (fr)
French (France) (fr_FR)
Georgian (ka)
German (de)
German (Germany) (de_DE)
Hindi (hi)
Hungarian (hu)
Indonesian (id)
Indonesian (Indonesia) (id_ID)
Italian (it)
Italian (Italy) (it_IT)
Japanese (Japan) (ja_JP)
Korean (Korea) (ko_KR)
Norwegian Bokmål (Norway) (nb_NO)
Persian (fa)
Polish (pl)
Portuguese (Brazil) (pt_BR)
Romanian (Romania) (ro_RO)
Russian (Russia) (ru_RU)
Spanish (es)
Tatar (tt)
Telugu (India) (te_IN)
Thai (Thailand) (th_TH)
Turkish (Turkey) (tr_TR)
Vietnamese (Viet Nam) (vi_VN)

On 23/10/2015 21:54, Stavros Konstantaras wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Maybe I could start a Greek translation as well.
>
> Just send me the “how to”.
>
> Cheers
> Stavros Konstantaras
>
> ----------------------------
> Stavros Konstantaras
> Science faculty Research IT support (FEIOG)
> University of Amsterdam, Science Park 904, 1098 XH
>
> Fingerprint: E5E5 9B19 D1CD 88CD 4763  3465 A8DC 7C92 330F D59A
>
>> On 23 Oct 2015, at 22:49, Jaime Orlando Rojas Sanchez <jaime.rojas@kumo.com.co>
wrote:

>> Hello, I can help with Spanish translations. Let me know how could I help.
>>
>> Regards / Cordialmente,
>>
>> Jaime O. Rojas S.
>> Technology Manager
>> jaime.rojas@kumo.com.co
>> Mobile: +57 301-3382382

October.

>> Hungarian / Dutch (@dahn), just a small work to go to 100%!
>>
>> The transifex project to translate the Web UI:
>> https://www.transifex.com/ke4qqq/CloudStack_UI/
>>
>> That would be great to have a lot of localization Web UI for CloudStack 4.6!
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Milamber
>>
>> PS. All languages stats for 4.6:
>> https://www.transifex.com/ke4qqq/CloudStack_UI/46xmessagesproperties/
>>

>> On 09/10/2015 09:49, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:
>>> Milamber reminded me that before releasing 4.6 we should include the latest translated
strings for the UI.
>>> If you care about translation, you might be interested to work on it in the coming
days.

>>> Here is where we stand:
>>>
>>> Portuguese (Brazil)             100%
>>> French (France)                 100%