cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] remove travis pull request checks from github
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 13:38:38 GMT

> On Oct 29, 2015, at 2:28 PM, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 2:22 PM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>> On Oct 29, 2015, at 2:19 PM, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Sebastien, it is not urgent but costing us time
>>
>> so just don;t look at it ?
>>
> ​no-op. it is there telling people that everything worked and if failed we
> get questions about it.​
>
> ​and …​

There is a difference between abandoning Travis and not looking at the results for 4.6 release.

My gut reaction is to try to understand why Travis is behaving strangely and fix it, rather
than abandon.

By “not look at it”, I am saying don’t base your review + merge on master for 4.6 if
you have a good case for it.

>>> and more important costing
>>> time of 'innocent' contributors.
>>
>> What do you mean by that, I am not understanding.
>>
> ​people get questions to force push to make travis happy and we have a
> policy to not ignore travis without comments on the reason for doing so.
> ​

The first time I saw Travis was not behaving and saw a comment from someone else about it
was on my own PR.

Maybe I skipped some comments on PR but I did not see anything like “Travis is crazy…don’t
look at it”.

Basically, if I can use a free service without needed maintenance, I would like to use it.

It’s not like we don’t have issues with Jenkins jobs.

>>> So ... revert at your will.

>> that

>> and

>> the