cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject [4.6] Instance passwords broken? "serve_password: requested password not found"
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 17:21:11 GMT
Hi,

Now that CLOUDSTACK-8923 is fixed I could move on with other testing and found out the deployed
instances do not get the root/Administrator password set.
Looking at the logs in the VR I could see messages such as:

'Oct 15 17:12:27 r-4-VM passwd_server_ip.py: serve_password: requested password not found
for 10.1.1.33'

This was tested with CentOS 6, Ubuntu 14.04 and my own Macchinina templates.

In the password script the password is attempted using wget like this:
'wget -q -t 3 -T 20 -O - --header "DomU_Request: send_my_password" $PASSWORD_SERVER_IP:8080'

SSH keys do work, only the passwords seem to be affected.

Am I missing something or have I just found another bug?

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro