cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "windyii" <wind...@189.cn>
Subject CloudStack 4.5.2 with tomcat6 out of memory
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 08:32:17 GMT
Hi all,

Our CloudStack 4.5.2 with tomcat6 was constantly running out of memory in a
few days.

We changed JAVA_OPS to "-Xmx4g" in tomcat6.conf. But it didn't help.

We used apache benchmark to send 100000 http requests to a fresh installed
CloudStack 4.5.2 with no zone setup.

     ab -n 100000 -c 1 http://localhost:8080/client/

The CS always run out of memory after 35,000 requests.

The same to a fresh CloudStack 4.3.0.

A clean tomcat6 on another CentOS host passed the ab test.

Finally, we installed tomcat7 and change CS to use tomcat7. Both CS 4.5.2
and CS 4.3.0 passed ab test.

We suppose it is a serious issue.

Is there any idea?

Our setup: