cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Remi Bergsma <RBerg...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Heads-up: Serious investigator issue in 4.4
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 20:33:44 GMT
Hi all,

This brought me some serious headaches this week. HA in 4.4.4 (and any 4.4.x version would
have this) doesn't do investigations properly due to the Hyper-V investigator returning false
instead of null. So, it confirms any VM as down whereas it may be running. Yes, this becomes
a mess indeed ;-) In 4.5 and master this was already fixed.

Links:

Another issue on 4.4 is with the cleaning of async jobs. That fails due to a foreign key constraint
(also solved in 4.5 already) causing it to block other jobs:

Might write a blog about it once I got some sleep ;-)

We're running 4.4 HEAD now.

I'd recommend anyone using 4.4.x to either compile packages from the 4.4 branch (with the
fixes included) or, even better, upgrade to 4.5.2.

Regards,

Remi

PS: I wasn’t able to do any PR review this week. Too busy fire fighting, worked day &
night. Hope to return to normal operations next week.