cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Artjoms Petrovs <artjoms.petr...@telia.lv>
Subject RE: Cloudstack session storage in Redis or Memcache databases
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 15:33:14 GMT
Hello, Remi, Thank you for your answer.

I will try to explain - yes, I want to use SAML, but I want to use Cloudstack as a SAML IDP.

e.g. if the user is logged in Cloudstack, he is able to access all the other resources as
well, using the username of the Cloud user.
I have an IDP running, and I would like to check whether there is a session in Cloudstack
and sync it with the IDP server

A.

-----Original Message-----
From: Remi Bergsma [mailto:RBergsma@schubergphilis.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:57 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cloudstack session storage in Redis or Memcache databases

Hi Artjoms,

Why would you want to share sessions?

If you refer to login, I’d go for single-sign-on instead. SAML2 landed in 4.5 I think and
it is awesome.

Regards,
Remi

From: Artjoms Petrovs
Date: Thursday 10 September 2015 16:34
To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>"

Hello!

Once again I am up to think about some crazy ideas.
Is it possible to store the Cloudstack session in a shared Memcached or Redis database? This
way I would like to share the session with a PHP system, located on the same server.

Best regards,
Artjoms Petrovs

[cid:image001.jpg@01D0EBEE.B4D0F000]<http://www.telia.lv/>
Artjoms Petrovs
System Analyst / Programmer

Telia Latvija, Ltd. | Lielvardes street 8a, Riga, Latvia, LV-1006
Ph.:   +371 67082144
Mob. +371 27498048
artjoms.petrovs@telia.lv<mailto:artjoms.petrovs@telia.lv> | telia.lv

This email (and any attachements or hyperlinks within it) may contain information that is
confidential, legally  privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are not entitled to use, disclose,
distribute, copy, print, disseminate or rely on this email in any way. If you have received
this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by or email and destroy it, and
all copies of it.