cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VR refactoring, concerns and a way out ?
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2015 12:33:08 GMT

> On Sep 24, 2015, at 2:00 PM, Ramanath Katru <ramanath.katru@citrix.com> wrote:
>
> My vote is for the approach no.1 - to backout completely. Most of VR functionalities
are broken and are in a mess to say the least. It definitely will take some time and effort
from several folks to get it to a stable state.

So which VR changes are we talking about. If it was merged it should mean that tests passed
and it worked at least in a controlled environment.

> Ram Katru

issues, about the VR issues and he is pretty concerned about the refactoring that has happened.
 I have had the same concern for sometime now  (VR issues have been on the list of issues
to be looked into for at least 4+ weeks) and wanted to see a good solution for this- with
VR being very fundamental to the system.

> Couple of solutions/proposals –
>
> 1)      Back out the VR changes – Pros: VR has been stable for some time and it is
working well.

> 2)      Continue to fix/stability VR changes -   Concerns: is the unknowns, what we will
find out and how long this will take to stabilize the VR functionality.