cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ACS 4.5 - volume snapshots NOT removed from CEPH (only from Secondaryt NFS and DB)
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 12:07:27 GMT
Wido,

part of code where you want to delete some volume, checks if volume is type
RBD - and then tries to list snapshots, delete snapshtos, and finally
remove image. Here first step- Listing snapshtos-  fails, if there are more
than 16 snapshtos present - number 16 is hardcoded in elsewhere part of
code and throws RBD exception...then agent crashes... and then VMs goe down
etc.

So our current way as quick fix is to invoke external script which will
also list and remove all snapshtos, but will not fail.

I'm not sure why is there 16 as the hardcoded limit - will try to provide
part of code where this is present...we can increase this number but it
doesn make any sense (from 16 to i.e. 200), since we still have lot of
garbage left on CEPH (snapshtos that were removed in ACS (DB and Secondary
NFS) - but not removed from CEPH. And in my understanding this needs to be
implemented, so we dont catch any exceptions that I originally described...

Any thoughts on this ?

Thx for input!

--

Andrija Panić