cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>
Subject CloudStack dockerization
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 01:03:10 GMT
Hi,

There was some questions on Tweeter around dockerization state of
CloudStack. So far all the progress and Design spec is in this wiki page
[1].  So far we have  the simulator container automatically build from 3
branches, cloudstack-management on centos6 container build from master
branch, cloudmonkey and marvin also on their own container.

Here is a quick list of things where I'm facing challenges so far:
1. Building a ubuntu or debian based container which would be useful to
validate .deb packages installation.
2. create a nice micro container for cloudstack-management, at the moment
using centos base of the container with rpm result on a pretty beefy image
size.
3. Document a Docker compose way to deploy CloudStack. I just started
looking at this and probably spend next few weeks on this topic.
4. Perform a lot of tests and optimizations

So if any one is interesting on helping, it will be more then welcome as
I'm realizing it a very nice way to deploy ClouStack which is kind of funny
in the same time.

Cheers,

PL

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Dockerfiles