cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Raja Pullela <raja.pull...@citrix.com>
Subject VR refactoring, concerns and a way out ?
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2015 08:35:31 GMT
Hi,

I understand a concern on the VR changes was raised earlier.  My apologies to restart this
thread again.

However, my last conversation with Jayapal, who has fixed/have been fixing lot of VR issues,
about the VR issues and he is pretty concerned about the refactoring that has happened.  I
have had the same concern for sometime now  (VR issues have been on the list of issues to
be looked into for at least 4+ weeks) and wanted to see a good solution for this- with VR
being very fundamental to the system.

Couple of solutions/proposals –

1)      Back out the VR changes – Pros: VR has been stable for some time and it is working
well.

2)      Continue to fix/stability VR changes -   Concerns: is the unknowns, what we will find
out and how long this will take to stabilize the VR functionality.

Please chime in if you have any thoughts or concerns around this,

best,

Raja