cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Raja Pullela <raja.pull...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [BLOCKER] - Guest VMs are not getting IPs as the DHCP port is not opened in VR
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 04:45:55 GMT
I agree with jayapal, so far none of the BVTs for the hypervisors are at 100% except for the
simulator's.
Also, changes/refactoring some of the very core functionality such as VR should be thought
through and thoroughly tested before being pushed as the impact will be huge and stabilization
will take time.  At this point we are not sure what else is broken ???

Also, we should review/critic such changes to make sure we don't spend time on it later on...
Please note that Travis tests passing at 100% cannot be taken as the basis to think that the
changes are good.

my 2cents!
Raja
-----Original Message-----
From: Jayapal Reddy Uradi [mailto:jayapalreddy.uradi@citrix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 9:46 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [BLOCKER] - Guest VMs are not getting IPs as the DHCP port is not opened in VR

Hi Wilder,

CLOUDSTACK-8843<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8843> This ticket is
actually NOT regression. It is not implemented/tested for the basic zone VR.
What I have observed in the VR refactor is that sanity testing of components the code affects
is not done.
Now we are spending time on fixing issues which were stable earlier.

Thanks,
Jayapal

On 15-Sep-2015, at 6:55 pm, Wilder Rodrigues <wrodrigues@schubergphilis.com<mailto:wrodrigues@schubergphilis.com>>