cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OVS Plugin documentation issues
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2015 08:49:16 GMT

> On Sep 29, 2015, at 2:40 PM, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com> wrote:
>
> Don't mind making the changes.
> I have a lot of SVN experience and have the git repo for Apache OFBiz configured but
am still trying to figure out git.
> What do I have to setup in Eclipse to access the "right" bits on git.
>
> Seems to be a ton of git repo entries at https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cloudstack.git
> I have cloned [4.5]. Is that right?
>
> Where are the doc files?

There are several documentation repos depending on which guide you need to fix:

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-install
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-admin

Check the README file to see how to submit a patch.

thanks for your help

> Ron
>
> On 29/09/2015 4:25 AM, Erik Weber wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 7:58 AM, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com <mailto:rwheeler@artifact-software.com>>
wrote:

>>    On the page
>>    http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/master/networking/ovs-plugin.html
>>    "Configuring the OVS Plugin"
>>    starts with
>>    "Prerequisites"
>>    which opens with this sentence
>>    "Before enabling the OVS plugin the hypervisor needs to be install
>>    OpenvSwitch."
>>    which needs to be fixed.
>>    Does "Before enabling the OVS plugin, OpenvSwitch must be
>>    installed on  the hypervisor ." express the idea correctly.
>>
>>    "Default, XenServer has already installed OpenvSwitch." might be
>>    trying to say "Xenserver has OpenvSwitch installed by default."
>>

>> Open a Pull Request for the proposed changes :-)
>> You can do it directly in the github ui by pressing the 'Edit the file on your fork
of this project' if you are unfamiliar with git and its workflows.