cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wilder Rodrigues <WRodrig...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: VR refactoring, concerns and a way out ?
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2015 12:47:54 GMT
Raja,

A nice way out would be to have more people knowing about coding and git. I have no idea from
where you got this non-sense approach, but I would say it can be compared with the previous
git flow the community had: not tests; no PRs; no review.

@Ramanath: you, and many others, should have pitched in when the code was merged, months ago,
and when effort to help testing was requested.

To sum it up: it’s easy to sit-down and wait for other people to work on features/test/fixes.

Cheers,
Wilder

> On 24 Sep 2015, at 14:33, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 24, 2015, at 2:00 PM, Ramanath Katru <ramanath.katru@citrix.com> wrote:
>>
>> My vote is for the approach no.1 - to backout completely. Most of VR functionalities
are broken and are in a mess to say the least. It definitely will take some time and effort
from several folks to get it to a stable state.

> So which VR changes are we talking about. If it was merged it should mean that tests
passed and it worked at least in a controlled environment.

>> Ram Katru

VR issues, about the VR issues and he is pretty concerned about the refactoring that has happened.
 I have had the same concern for sometime now  (VR issues have been on the list of issues
to be looked into for at least 4+ weeks) and wanted to see a good solution for this- with
VR being very fundamental to the system.

>> Couple of solutions/proposals –
>>
>> 1)      Back out the VR changes – Pros: VR has been stable for some time and it
is working well.

>> 2)      Continue to fix/stability VR changes -   Concerns: is the unknowns, what
we will find out and how long this will take to stabilize the VR functionality.