cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: OVS documentation
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2015 14:20:14 GMT
On 30/09/2015 6:33 AM, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:
>> On Sep 29, 2015, at 2:06 PM, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com> wrote:
>>
>> Can someone fix this?
>>
> Honestly Ron, the issue is that very few people are actually using the GRE isolation.
>
> One would need to test it with the latest cloudstack 4.5.2 and latest OVS to see if it
works with newer versions….
Any suggestions about what to say or is it best left "as is"
> -sebastien
>
>> Does anyone know what the correct recommendation should be?
>>
>> Is anyone interested in the documentation?
> Of course...
Sorry if that seemed rhetorical.
I was hoping to find an actual volunteer to work with or to help point
me to areas that are known to need editing.

>> I am trying to read it all with an outsider's eye and identify areas that I have
trouble understanding.
>> Is it customary to use the Dev list or just create JIRA Issues.
>>
> for questions from the user side, usually it’s better to hit the users@ list.
> But you can create JIRA issues as well, if it’s an error.
>
> Ideally, once you test it on newer versions, you can also submit a github PR to make
the required change in the docs. We will happily merge.

I am not sure what you mean by testing.
I am probably going to limit my efforts to editing and will depend on
others to suggest content and verify the accuracy of changes since I am
too new to CloudStack and do not have a CloudStack test environment to
use for testing.

--
Ron Wheeler
President