cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BVT report 9/29
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 21:07:35 GMT

I have tested an installation of the CS 4.6.0 SNAPSHOT (today) on Ubuntu
14.04 LTS with latest update (installation with a ansible script)

The cloudstack-management don't works.

I don't known the root cause, but I suppose that is the (new?)
dependency of Tomcat v7 (before ~1 month: tomcat6 was the tomcat dependency)

I need to made some other tests to confirm if the issue come from my
ansible script or other things.

Some results commands (and visibly at least 1 bug):

root@cs-mgr1:/var/log/cloudstack/management# service
cloudstack-management status
  * cloudstack-management is not installed

root@cs-mgr1:/var/log/cloudstack/management# dpkg -l|grep cloudstack
ii  cloudstack-common 4.6.0-SNAPSHOT                   all          A
common package which contains files which are shared by several
CloudStack packages
ii  cloudstack-management 4.6.0-SNAPSHOT                   all
CloudStack server library

root@cs-mgr1:/var/log/cloudstack/management# dpkg -l|grep tomcat
ii  libtomcat7-java 7.0.52-1ubuntu0.3                all
Servlet and JSP engine -- core libraries
ii  tomcat7 7.0.52-1ubuntu0.3                all          Servlet and
JSP engine
ii  tomcat7-common 7.0.52-1ubuntu0.3                all          Servlet
and JSP engine -- common files

On 29/09/2015 19:42, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:
> Hi folks, let’s try to shed some lights on those tests errors.
>
> First off, it appears some of those tests are not included in our Travis run…:( If
anyone wants to check that list of tests and cross check with Travis, we could run them as
well.

> @miguel, looks like smoke/test_scale_vm is reporting errors. It seems you were the last
one to touch that test. Could you try to run the tests on some cloudstack setup you have and
report back to use your finding. From below you can see, the test seems to be failing on simulator/basic.

> @boris, any chance you can run the tests listed under KVM/basic in your test environment
? I don’t know if you know how to use Marvin. You can check the Marvin scripts used in .travis.yml
for a clue.

> The NAT tests errors might be related to the “VPC” errors Wilder and Remi just solved,
so we can see tomorrow what BVT says.

> (pinging pdion and milamber in that email to see what they can do on spare cycles)
>
> Thanks everyone, let’s knock those down.
>
> -Sebastien
>
>> On Sep 29, 2015, at 2:49 PM, Raja Pullela <raja.pullela@citrix.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hopefully the format of this email stays as I compose ?
>>
>> Bugs to be fixed for BVTs:
>> a.       https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8915
>> b.      https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8697
>> c.       https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8891 - Should be a blocker
>> d.      https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8876 - Should be a blocker
>>

>> BVT Passrate for 9/25:
>>

>> *         Simulator Basic - 97.6%,  Failed tests 1
>>
>> *         Simulator Adv - 100%
>>
>> *         XS Basic - 97.1%, Failed tests 2
>>
>> *         XS Adv - 94.3%, Failed tests 6
>>
>> *         KVM Basic - 94.2%, Failed tests 4
>>
>> *         KVM Adv - 92.6%, Failed tests 8
>>
>> Test cases failed:
>>
>> Simulator Basic
>>
>> *         integration.smoke.test_scale_vm.TestScaleVm.test_02_scale_vm_without_hypervisor_specifics
 (Failure: test case issue)

>> XS Basic
>>
>> *         integration.smoke.test_scale_vm.TestScaleVm.test_02_scale_vm_without_hypervisor_specifics
 (Failure: test case issue)

>> *         integration.smoke.test_volumes.TestVolumes.test_02_attach_volume /Failure:
SSH connection failed

>> XS Adv
>>
>> *         integration.smoke.test_loadbalance.TestLoadBalance.test_01_create_lb_rule_src_nat
(Failure: SSH connection failed)

>> *         integration.smoke.test_loadbalance.TestLoadBalance.test_02_create_lb_rule_non_nat
(Failure: SSH connection failed)

>> *         integration.smoke.test_loadbalance.TestLoadBalance.test_assign_and_removal_lb
(Failure: SSH connection failed)

>> *         integration.smoke.test_internal_lb.TestInternalLb.test_internallb (Failure:
'Failed to assign load balancer rule')

>> *         integration.smoke.test_scale_vm.TestScaleVm.test_02_scale_vm_without_hypervisor_specifics
 (Failure: test case issue)

>> *         <nose.suite.ContextSuite context=TestNiciraContoller>:setup (Failure:
test setup issue)
>> KVM Basic
>>
>> *         integration.smoke.test_volumes.TestVolumes.test_02_attach_volume (Failure:
SSH connection failed)

>> *         integration.smoke.test_ssvm.TestSSVMs.test_07_reboot_ssvm (Failure: Timed
out waiting for SSVM agent to be Up)

>> *         integration.smoke.test_ssvm.TestSSVMs.test_08_reboot_cpvm (Failure: Timed
out waiting for SSVM agent to be Up)

>> *         integration.smoke.test_vm_life_cycle.TestVMLifeCycle.test_10_attachAndDetach_iso
(Failure: SSH connection failed)

>> KVM Adv
>>
>> *         integration.smoke.test_loadbalance.TestLoadBalance.test_01_create_lb_rule_src_nat
 (Failure: SSH connection failed)

>> *         integration.smoke.test_loadbalance.TestLoadBalance.test_02_create_lb_rule_non_nat
(Failure: SSH connection failed)

>> *         integration.smoke.test_loadbalance.TestLoadBalance.test_assign_and_removal_lb
(Failure: SSH connection failed)

>> *         integration.smoke.test_internal_lb.TestInternalLb.test_internallb (Failure:
'Failed to assign load balancer rule')

>> *         integration.smoke.test_snapshots.TestSnapshotRootDisk.test_01_snapshot_root_disk
(Failure: 'Failed to create snapshot due to an internal error creating snapshot)