cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Moody <j...@fifthecho.com>
Subject Re: cloud-set-guest-password script for CentOS 7 template
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 17:06:35 GMT
I have SystemD Unit files as well as scripts that work under EL7 located
in my template-building Ansible Playbook repository located at
https://github.com/fifthecho/CloudStack-Template

On 9/3/2015 3:20 AM, christian.kirmse@zv.fraunhofer.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I encountered a similar issues, although I'm still not quite as far as you building a
systemd script.
> I also changed the script to the right directory for the lease files.
> When the vm starts it takes approximately 15 minutes to be ready, that must have something
to do with the script, but I’m not quiet sure if it is the password script or the ssh key
script, which I also installed in the template.
> In the next couple days I’ll take some time for that script, maybe I get some steps
further.

> If someone has already the solution, it would be great.
>
> Kind Regards
> Christian
>
>> On 03 Sep 2015, at 08:59, Indra Pramana <indra@sg.or.id> wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Anyone has tried creating CentOS 7 OS template in CloudStack and
>> experiencing similar problem?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> -ip-
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 1:25 PM, Indra Pramana <indra@sg.or.id> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I am using ACS 4.2.0 with KVM hypervisor. I am trying to create a CentOS 7
>>> template and everything is running fine except the CloudStack password
>>> reset script template.
>>>
>>> CentOS 7 is using systemd so I have created the required
>>> /usr/lib/systemd/system/cloud-set-guest-password.service as follows:
>>>
>>> ===
>>> [Unit]
>>> Description=Cloudstack set guest password
>>> After=network.target
>>>
>>> [Service]
>>> Type=oneshot
>>> User=root
>>> Group=root
>>> ExecStart=/etc/init.d/cloud-set-guest-password start