cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wilder Rodrigues <WRodrig...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: [BLOCKER] - Guest VMs are not getting IPs as the DHCP port is not opened in VR
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2015 13:25:09 GMT
Hi Jayapal,

I would not suggest to move back to the sceptres, but focus on fixing and for every fix test
it very well so we get confidence. If we start calling scripts com the python code it will
have a huge chance to become a real mess!

Let’s stick to it and fix it and once it’s stable we can discuss a refactor of the thing
from scratch - we already have some ideas.

The most important point is: for everyone touching Java/Python code, please test your changes
before creating PRs or LGTM other’s committers PRs.

Cheers,
Wilder

> On 15 Sep 2015, at 14:52, Jayapal Reddy Uradi <jayapalreddy.uradi@citrix.com> wrote:
>
> Wilder, That is true.
>
> All these issues are because of the VR refactoring. I don’t know what are the unit
test cases run on VR refactor code.
> VR (shell) scripts  are stabilized over years and now suddenly moved to new implementation.
What we have figured out is that this new implementation is done only partially. What I am
suggesting now to move ahead is to call the existing/old shell  scripts in new implementation
for configuring the VR to avoid spending time on unnecessary bugs.
> With current implementation we may see many issues in production for some time to come.
>
> Thanks,
> Jayapal
>
>> On 15-Sep-2015, at 5:57 pm, Wilder Rodrigues <wrodrigues@schubergphilis.com>
wrote:

>> I have the feeling that we are fixing 1 issue and created 2.
>>
>> Please, make sure the routers tests are executed and green before creating the PR.
I will do the same.

>> Cheers,
>> Wilder
>>

>>> On 15 Sep 2015, at 14:23, Jayapal Reddy Uradi <jayapalreddy.uradi@citrix.com>