cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wilder Rodrigues <WRodrig...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: VR refactoring, concerns and a way out ?
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2015 16:49:09 GMT
Raja,

Do you actually know the amount of blockers we have and how many are VR related? Because I
have seen emails from Rajani around concerning the blockers and I don’t see many. So, yes,
I really do think your approach is non-sense.

I mentioned it before, about 1 week ago, but I think you just ignored the content of the email.
We have 7 blockers, from which 4 are VR related but probably only 2 are related to the refactor
of the router side (python code). You created 2 of the blockers. So, I think would be better
to focus on fixing them other than making a storm out of it.

You can see the list here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=12326765

The java part of the router refactor was released on 4.5, quite some time ago. So, please
have a look at git log before mentioned the refactor as a whole.

Another thing is: master is unstable - not because VR changes - and nobody could tests the
PRs that should fix the VR issues.  When we suggested to stabilise Master, people kept pushing
features through PRs thinking that it would help - even after we said only BLOCKER issues
would be merged.

So, please stop this storm around the VR because we are trying to work.

Cheers,
Wilder

On 24 Sep 2015, at 17:21, Raja Pullela <raja.pullela@citrix.com<mailto:raja.pullela@citrix.com>>