cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wilder Rodrigues <WRodrig...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject VPC router issue
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2015 12:18:59 GMT
Hi all,

This morning I shared a message on our Slack channel about the current issue I’m facing
with VPC routers. The problem was caught by the test_vpc_routers.py tests, which are unable
to verify the following:

* Create a VPC with 2 Tiers, 3 VMs, 2Pub IPs, and 1 ACL
* Stop the VPC router
* Start the VPC router

I have been busy trying to figure out when it stopped working when I then stopped at commit
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/f5e5f4d0026f8ffd6f3aa7e8e4c7be0cd809d6c9 - although
it’s not really the one causing the issue given what I have changed there.

The only way to get it working is by restarting the VPC with the cleanup option - os destroying
the VPC router and just restarting the VPC.

Since not many people have been testing the routers as much as I do, it seems no one is aware
of this issue.

Long story short: current master is broken.

/me digging through PRs to find the root cause.

Cheers,
Wilder