cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Revisit Process for creating Blocker bugs
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 20:23:38 GMT
On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 10:16 PM, Somesh Naidu <Somesh.Naidu@citrix.com>
wrote:

> I would like to add that while the # of users affected is definitely a
> major factor when ascertaining severity of an issue, should we not consider
> the technical scope and/or use-case of a defect. For example, let's say
> there is only one user using basic zone setup with VMware in the community
> but the bug/regression has caused a major failure like "No provisioning of
> VMs". Would this be considered a release blocker?

‚ÄčThis is exactly the kind of discussion we need to have when such a case
comes by. For this as purely hypothetical case I would say, release. We can
not have other users abstain from badly needed features because one can not
share in the joy. We would have to release a fix for this afterwards.‚Äč

just a 0.02 in virtual currency

--
Daan