cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Remi Bergsma <RBerg...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Merging Pull Requests
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 15:27:38 GMT
Hi all,

As it is now, additions to CloudStack need to go through a GitHub PR and, if accepted, merged
to the Apache remote (not in GitHub). This means that merging a PR for CloudStack is a bit
more involved than merging a normal GitHub PR.

To help with this, Miguel, Rajani, Daan and myself, have created some scripts. One is 'git-pr'
to merge a PR, the second one is 'git-fwd-merge' used by RM to merge branches (starting 4.6).

Links:
[1] PR to add the scripts
[2] Wiki

I'd be great if we would all use these scripts to merge Pull Requests (instead of applying
patches).

Let me know if you need help!

Thanks & Regards,

Remi