cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Koushik Das <koushik....@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Revisit Process for creating Blocker bugs
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 05:14:35 GMT
If there is a group of users in dire need for a specific feature they can always take the code
and use it. No need to wait for an official release. Official release should adhere to quality
guidelines (at least in terms of any reported regressions) even if it means release getting
delayed.

On 05-Aug-2015, at 2:39 AM, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes we can if there is a group of users that don't use it but are in
> dire need far another feature. We just have to document and market it
> properly
>
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 6:48 PM, Ramanath Katru
> <ramanath.katru@citrix.com> wrote:
>> Daan,
>>
>> I beg to differ. This is very much a product issue. We cannot knowingly release with
an existing/working functionality broken. Especially if it is one of the features that users
expect to be there. Remote Access VPN is an example. Right now this functionality is broken.

>> Ram Katru

to the general public are two different things.

>> Daan
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Ramanath Katru <ramanath.katru@citrix.com>
wrote:
>>> While we can say if a bug doesn’t effect "majority" of current users, we can
go ahead and release, but we should also look at a product perspective not just release perspective.
There are some features that are important for cloudstack as a product and these cannot be
broken in a release. If we do not evaluate from a product perspective, then we will be turning
potential new users away.

>>> Ram Katru

by. For this as purely hypothetical case I would say, release. We can not have other users
abstain from badly needed features because one can not share in the joy. We would have to
release a fix for this afterwards.