cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com>
Subject SDN solutions in use today with CloudStack
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2015 18:41:29 GMT
Hi all,

We  are currently exploring options for improving our networking setup (read SDN) within CS
for our advanced zones.

There are a few plugins currently available for various third party SDN providers (Nicira,
Big Switch VNS, MidoNet, Stratosphere SSP, Nuage VSP  et al), as well as some pre-SDN functionality
using native VXLAN, OVS GRE and of course vlans.

Most of the organizations mentioned above appear to have drunken the OpenStack kool-aid and
don't even mention support for CloudStack on their commercial websites.

It seems that some of these plugins are getting rather old now and I'd be interesting to know
(if you're willing to share) what is in use in the community today.

- Si