cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com>
Subject Re: SDN solutions in use today with CloudStack
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2015 13:06:15 GMT
<snip>
>The others I have never tried. Really wondering if anyone is using GRE in CloudStack?

Just FYI. There was a post today on the user lists where someone was attempting to setup GRE,
so it appears it is probably out there.

- Si

> On 20 Aug 2015, at 20:41, Simon Weller <sweller@ena.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> We  are currently exploring options for improving our networking setup (read SDN) within
CS for our advanced zones.

> There are a few plugins currently available for various third party SDN providers (Nicira,
Big Switch VNS, MidoNet, Stratosphere SSP, Nuage VSP  et al), as well as some pre-SDN functionality
using native VXLAN, OVS GRE and of course vlans.

> Most of the organizations mentioned above appear to have drunken the OpenStack kool-aid
and don't even mention support for CloudStack on their commercial websites.

> It seems that some of these plugins are getting rather old now and I'd be interesting
to know (if you're willing to share) what is in use in the community today.